The mission of Burning Bright Candle Co, besides creating candles for book lovers of every genre to love and cherish around the world is to reduce its environmental impact. We live in a beautiful world and I'd love to help keep it that way for future generations.
I do not claim to be perfect nor my shop, these are simply the steps I've taken to reduce my impact or to use cleaner/ greener products. If everyone makes a small difference it can add up to something incredible.
There's always more changes that I can make to become greener and I hope to continue taking these steps in the future.
What I do:
1. All candles are made with 100% soy wax.
2. All wicks are from an eco-line, made from 100% cotton.
3. I have just a handful of candles that contain mica (a natural mineral) added for sparkle and is only noticeable when the candle is lit versus using glitter (a micro plastic) which can clog your wick as well as being harmful to the environment when or if discarded.
4. Any colorant/dye that I use for the wax is phthalate free.
5. None of my fragrance oils contain Dibutyl Phthalates which is banned by the IRFA (The International Fragrance Association).
6. All of my packing crinkle paper that I use is made from 100% recycled paper.
7. I'm taking steps to have a recycle center pick up from my home, until then I take a large portion of cardboard and plastic that my shop generates to a recycling center.
What you can do:
--- the box and crinkle paper your candle(s) arrive in can be recycled. The crinkle paper as paper, or keep and reuse for any gift giving you might be doing in the future. The box your order arrives in can be recycled anywhere that accepts cardboard or again, peel off the shipping label and reuse. The boxes are strong and can usually handle another trip across the state, country or world.
--- the jars are always made from glass and can be recycled, I've included a video from Donita White, Primal Beauty Queen (below) with a step by step process to clean out your jars for recycling at a center or finding another use for them within your home.
--- the Gothic Poetry collection of candles are in beautiful black jars that can be recycled as well as cleaned and used as a cute pot for a succulent or other small space plant.
Here is the link to the video in case you would like to watch more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ON_qrxEnnA